Our differences aren’t good or bad, they’re just different
Differences aren’t good or bad. Differences aren’t wrong, they’re just different.
Often when we first meet and start spending time together as a couple we are drawn to each other for our quirks and differences. When we’ve spent some time together, however, we can often fall into the trap of wanting to change the other person to be more like us.
A lot of conflicts occurs in marriage because of our differences, but when we learn to celebrate each other for what we bring to the relationship, our marriage becomes a place where we can thrive.
In this episode, we discuss some of the ways we can be different and a few ideas on how we can learn to cultivate an appreciation for one another.
Available wherever you listen to podcasts:
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- S1 E1: How Relationships Flourish
- S1 E2: Marriage Myths
- S1 E3: Let’s Talk
- S1 E4: The Master Plan
- S1 E5: Differences
- S1 E6: Handling Conflict
- S1 E7: Sex In Marriage
- S1 E8: How to be effective in your role as a husband or wife
- S1 E9: Married with kids – The 3 R’s on the mission of raising the next generation
- S1 Bonus: Yvonne Godfrey – Effective Parenting
- S1 Bonus: Marriage Mentoring – Neil and Sharol Josephson
Spread help and hope by sharing to your favourite platform